The roots of IVF date back to the year 1978. Pioneered by Sir Robert Edwards, this technique has been a savior of millions of people who are struggling with infertility. Undergoing the IVF procedure to have a baby can be a daunting process given that the chances of success are governed by various factors. However, the process, like anything, has its own merits and demerits. Analyzing the facts will give a clear mind and will help you make the right decision. In this post let us take a look at the pros and cons of IVF treatment.
Pros of IVF
The IVF procedure has various benefits to it. Only because of the benefits it remains to be one of the most sought after procedures for conceiving. The ultimate proof of the procedure is gaining success in pregnancy and having a baby. This procedure is great for people with various problems such as:
Blocked Tubes: the blockage of the fallopian tube is a common problem that many find only after the diagnosis of infertility. When the fallopian tubes of women are blocked, IVF is the only procedure that can be used for pregnancy as this procedure doesn’t need the working of the fallopian tube.
Patients with Low Ovarian Reserve: in women with fewer amounts of eggs, the quality of the egg might be affected. The best IVF center in Mira road offers strategic treatment to improve the quality of the eggs and thus improve the chance of getting pregnant.
Male Infertility: a couple with male infertility problems can increase the chance of conceiving with the help of IVF treatment. Various techniques such as intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) are used to facilitate pregnancy. The best IVF center in Mira road has teams of expert doctors who will suggest the best treatment for males with infertility problems.
Endometriosis: Endometriosis is a condition where parts of the womb grow outside the uterus lining. IVF will be a great procedure for them to get conceived.
- IVF has a safe track record: the first IVF baby was born in the year 1978 and since then it has been a safe procedure. Also, the technology has developed to a great extent along with advanced techniques to make sure that the procedure is safe and secure. At the best IVF clinic in Mira road, you can find the latest technology and world-class techniques.
- It is successful than other ART procedures: the success rates of IVF have increased over years with the advances in technology. Compared to other procedures such as IUI, the success rate in IVF is higher.
- IVF can be used to diagnose fertilization problems: in case of unexplained fertility issues, there could be problems with fertilization. Such problems could be unveiled and solved in the future with treatments like ICSI.
Cons of In Vitro Fertilization
- As it is with any medical procedure, IVF has its disadvantages too. One of the biggest downsides is you cannot guarantee the success of the procedure. A negative result will take a toll on the emotional balance of the couple.
- The success of the procedure is dependent on various factors such as body health, the severity of the fertility issue, the doctor performing the procedure, and the hospital.
- The cost of the procedure is high. However, the IVF cost in Mira road is comparatively great as they charge for the quality.
- The IVF procedure may result in side effects and risks. One of the most severe side effects is an ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome (OHSS). A healthy lifestyle will reduce the risk of developing OHSS.
IVF is worth a try as the success rate of the procedure is high. With the help of the best IVF clinic in Mira road, you can take this journey confidently.