It involves the use of Donor eggs or sperm for the purpose of conception or Surrogate womb to carry the pregnancy .
Use of Donor Sperm is indicated in the following cases :
- Men with testicular failure (no sperms n testicular biopsy or small atropic testes )
- Severe low sperm counts and low motility (Oligoasthenospermia) not affording ICSI
We source the samples from premier semen banks and provide quarantined samples free of disease transmission.The samples can be used for Donor Sperm insemination (IUI with Donor sperm) as well as for IVF (test tube baby with donor sperm ) wherever indicated .Donor profiles with details of age , color of hair ,eyes, blood group can be provided for selection by couples.
What is Egg Donation ?
In egg donation, eggs are borrowed from a young woman (less than 30 yrs of age) called the donor, with her consent. These eggs are then fertilized with the sperms of the husband of the recipient woman and the resultant embryo is inserted into the womb of the recipient. For assisted reproduction purposes, egg donation involves the process of in vitro fertilization. Donor oocytes and embryo transfer has given women a mechanism to become pregnant and give birth to a child that will be their biological child, but not their genetic
Who requires Egg Donation ?
The procedure is indicated in patients with low ovarian reserve ,poor egg quality or ovarian failure and menopausal patients who are keen on conception.
Who are Egg Donors ?
These are anonymous healthy donors who have had prior pregnancies . They are screened for infectious diseases. We have a large pool of young, healthy, fertile egg donors. Their physical appearance, hair and eye color, blood group, medical and genetic history, blood investigations including CBC, Sugar, VDRL, HBsAg, HIV, HCV, Hemoglobin electrophoresis to rule out Sickle cell anemia, Thalassemia and other tests are done and they are screened throughly. Also we have tie ups with Donor agencies which can provide with options of divergent ethnicities like Caucassian , Russian etc .
Success Rates : Success rate of this procedure is more than 60%. In fact, many women till the age of 50-55 have become pregnant by this technique. Many of our patients , with age beyond 50 years have delivered by this method.
Types of donors
Different types of donors for our donor egg IVF Program
- Donors unrelated to the recipients who do it for altruistic or monetary reasons. They are anonymous donors.
- Patients taking part in shared oocyte programmes. Women who go through in vitro fertilization may be willing to donate unused eggs to such a program, where the egg recipients together help paying the cost of the IVF procedure. It is very cost-effective compared to other alternatives.
Embryo Donation :
- When both eggs and sperms of the couple are of suboptimal quality or absent the only answer is Embryo Donation.
- In this method oocytes are harvested from an Egg donor and fertilized with a donor sperm and resulting embryo is placed into the wife’s uterus . This procedure has got an exceptional high rate of success (70%) if the uterus is normal.
Mr and Mrs Chavan from Mumbai, India had a history of long standing infertility. Mrs Chavan now 42 years still yearned to be a mother. Their dreams were true thanks to Donor egg IVF resulting in conception and finally delivering a baby.
Mrs Upadhaya had an early menopause at 34 years. She had left all hopes of pregnancy. Successful conception and delivery of baby was achieved by using Donor eggs.
It is desirable to choose one with similar looking features ,like colour of skin , eyes and hair . A stark difference may be too apparent in future . We can provide you the donor profiles once you are enrolled into the programme.
No. It’s not at all mandatory.
As per the ICMR guidelines, the Donor egg programme is anonymous and hence identity of the Donor cannot be disclosed to the patient nor does the Donor know about who the recipients are.